|If you want to have unwanted hair removed and have sensitive skin, Dyanna’s Spa in N.Y. has the expertise you need. It is very important that trained professions perform these particular spa services; otherwise, you could end up with irritated, tender, or swollen skin.
What causes sensitive skin?
There are many reasons why a man or a woman may have sensitive skin, meaning skin that is reactive. The following causes are the most frequent.
- A skin disorder such as eczema, rosacea, acne, or psoriasis
- Allergies exhibited by rashes, itching, hives, or boils
- Overly reactive skin caused by dry or injured skin
- Environmental factors affecting skin such as too much exposure to sun, heat, the cold and dry air
How to prevent sensitive skin reactions
You can prevent some sensitive skin reactions from occurring by following a simple set of guidelines.
- Be sure you clean your skin regularly with unscented, sensitive-skin soap
- Don’t take a very hot shower as that can dry out and damage your skin (as well as your hair)
- Be sure to use a high-quality moisturizer several times a day
- Use well reviewed hypo-allergenic make-up
- Don’t use products that contain alcohol, antibacterial ingredients, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acids.
Sensitive skin hair removal services for men and women provided at Dyanna’s day spa
The hair removal services we offer at our beauty salon are top notch and we make every effort to ensure that your hair removal experience is safe and as comfortable as possible. The two types of spa services for hair removal we provide include waxing and electrolysis.
Wax Treatments: Anywhere you have unwanted hair, our N.Y.C. beauty spa personnel can remove it for you. Whether it’s face, back, arms, underarms, back, shoulders, ears, nose, legs, buttock, stomach, fingers, toes, or the bikini area, our professionals work quickly and deftly.
Be assured that we subscribe to a strict hygienic no double-dipping policy to ensure that the wax we apply is bacteria-free to prevent the spread of any germs. The spatulas we use to apply the wax are never used twice, but are thrown away after each swipe. Your health and safety is paramount to us.
We use two different waxes for hair removal, Aloe Azulene Waxing Formula and Blue Cirepil Hard Wax Formula .
Azulene wax is extremely versatile and works on all types of hair – from coarse to light, and on any body part. For those with sensitive skin, or for hair removal in more sensitive areas, Cirepil Blue hard wax might be the better choice for you.
With Azulene wax, our esthetician applies the wax with a spatula, places strips over the wax, and then pulls the strip in the opposition direction of the hair. It’s a very fast procedure.
Cirepil Blue hard wax is a low temperature wax applied without strips. When the wax hardens, our esthetician gently peels the wax from the skin. It is especially useful for facial hair removal and our Brazilian Bikini Wax treatments.
If you are unsure which type of wax is best for you, we will apply a test patch of wax to a relevant part of the body. After 24 hours, come back in and consult with our experts regarding your choice.
Electrolysis is a permanent hair removal process. In fact, it is the only such process approved by the FDA. It is a good choice for smaller areas like the upper lip, chin, and bikini line. It does require several sessions for long-term effects, and you will see that after each treatment the hair that grows back is increasingly less and less. It’s much better than laser hair removal treatments, which only work on black hair. Without exception, electrolysis is great for those with dark, brown, red, blonde hair and anything in between.
The importance of exfoliation for sensitive skin after Brazilian wax treatment
(recommended 5-10 days after Brazilian wax treatment)
Exfoliating is a very important part of skin care as it cleanses the skin by opening up clogged pores, sloughing off dead skin cells, and ridding the skin of ingrown hair. For these reasons, exfoliation goes a long way towards making skin less sensitive and less reactive. We offer many exfoliation treatments at our Manhattan day spa, including special facials, back treatments, and body scrubs.
For the entire month of October, you will receive 15 percent off any of our Brazilian exfoliation treatment.
Precautions for your comfort after a wax treatment
Proper skin care following a wax treatment for hair removal is very important for both sensitive and normal skin.Precautions include:
- keeping your face clean to prevent clogged pores and infection
- no exercise for twenty-four hours to prevent dirt and sweat from building up in the pores
- no tight clothing to prevent ingrown hair
- staying out of the sun for one or two days afterwards
- no moisturizers or balms on the waxed area for 12 hours
- no shaving in between wax appointments
- abstaining from sexual intercourse after a body waxing for 12-24 hours to avoid irritation and infection
Contact us now to schedule an appointment for your hair removal treatment at Dyanna Spa. We’ll take care of you and your sensitive skin.
For more information, visit our site at www.dyannaspa.com