One of Dyanna’s most popular beauty services, which has helped it become one of Citysearch’s most recommended salons in New York City is waxing hair removal. Dyanna Spa is best know for the painless, safe face and body techniques performed for Brazilian bikini , back & chest, arms and leg waxing.
Our NO DOUBLE DIPPING policy ensures that our clients are always getting the most sterile and safe service for the sensitve procedure.
2) Lasts for several weeks because it starts to slow the regrowth of hair
How does waxing hair removal work?
Wax is spread into a very thin layer over the skin.
Next, a cloth strip is pressed and smoothed over the fresh hot wax. The skin is then pulled back tautly with one hand while the other hand pulls the cloth strip off in the direction opposite to that of which the hair grows. In this process the hair and dead skin cells have been removed with the wax and you are left with smooth hairless skin.
What body areas can be waxed?
It is advisable to test a small area of skin to wax to test the skin’s reaction to the removal but generally any area of the body can be waxed. The real exceptions are the male genitals, nipples, inside the ears and nose and eyelashes.
How long will it take for hair to reappear?
Often it takes between 3-8 weeks for hair to regrow. The hair should grow back with a finer appearance and less of it. Over a period of time, the hair may stop growing back altogether.
Most popular waxing services at Dyanna Spa include:
- Brazilian Bikini For Men and Women
- Back (men)
- Chest (men)
- Above Lip
Why Trust Dyanna Over Other Salons for This Procedure?
Dyanna has very strict policies when it comes to waxing hair removal. If waxing is not done correctly, it can be extremely painful and leave irritation, ingrown hairs, and in some extreme cases even scars. For this reason, Dyanna’s waxing professionals are experts in the field, each staff member having at least 10 years experience with waxing.
- We have a firm NO DOUBLE DIPPING wax policy, meaning that all equipment used on an individual is used ONLY on that individual and then discarded. This ensures cleanliness and prevents infection from occurring in freshly waxed areas.
- We take disinfecting pre and after care precautions by applying antiseptics such as Seabreeze, to cool sensitive areas and help you heal quickly and painlessly. Astringents are applied prior to hair removal as well to ease pain, making your experience at Dyanna as pleasant as can be.
- We recommend daily exfoliation of the area to help prevent ingrown hairs after the first 48 hours.
- Hydrocortisone cream may be used after any hair removal treatments to help reduce irritation & inflammation, as long as you have no medical reasons prohibiting its use. feel free to ask your specialist to apply some hydrocortisone cream before you leave. you may also reapply the cream at home that evening if you feel any further irritation. hydrocortisone cream can be found at your local drug store.
Please note: Before scheduling your first waxing appointment, you need to be aware of some health precautions.
Health precautions with waxing hair removal:
- Some doctors do not recommend hair waxing for people that have diabetes, varicose veins or poor circulation since they may be more susceptible to infection.
- Also people who take some medications such as: Renova, Differin or Accutane are advised to steer clear of hair waxing on the face since these medications tend to weaken the skin and may cause tearing of the skin as the wax is removed.
- If your you have warts, pimples, moles, rashes, sunburn, chapped skin or skin irritation, you should avoid waxing those areas.
Please feel free to call us to see if waxing is right for you at (212) 995-2355 or book your appointment right online at http://dyannaspa.com!