Summer skin care tips.
With summer time right around the corner, Dyanna Spa, the acclaimed New York day spa, recommends five top summer skin care tips so you can look your best. It’s important to learn about how to best care for your skin now – not after the sun does its damage.
Five top tips for skin care and beauty
We all know that too much sun can cause many skin problems – from drying, sunburns, liver spots and premature aging to skin cancer. If you will follow these simple skin care tips, you won’t have to worry about the negative effects of the sun. In addition, you will learn how to make your summer appearance even more beautiful.
- Use sunscreen, but not just any sunscreen. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has important new guidelines about what is safe and unsafe in sunscreen products. Do not use a sunscreen that has retinyl palmitate, PABA, oxybenzone, helioplex, or dioxybenzone. It is safe to use any sunscreen that has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as its ingredients, with a SPF of 15 or higher. SPF of 15 blocks 93% of damaging UVB rays and SPF 50 blocks 98 percent. Reapply often.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! The sun’s drying effect on skin is notorious. Use a good alcohol-free moisturizer on your face and body several times a day. Dyanna Spa has a roster of facials to help you maintain or regain the moisture in your facial skin. Our Sheep Placenta Facial is fantastic for diminishing sun damage, wrinkles, and fine lines. If you have sensitive skin, our Hydra 4 for Sensitive Skin Facial byRepechage will help your skin retain moisture and build resistance to environmental factors.
- In order for healthy new skin cells to develop maximally, you must get rid of the dead skin cells through exfoliation. Our day spa has exfoliation treatments from head to foot. Starting at the head, try our Peeling Facial. This deep exfoliation method uses vegetable and fruit enzymes that remove all dead skin cells, giving you a more youthful appearance immediately. For the feet, our Jelly Pedicure is a great foot care treatment as it hydrates and exfoliates your feet to the max.
- Wearing bathing suits, tank tops, and shorts means hair in unwanted places needs removal more often. If you are shaving, you are prey to nicks, cuts, bumps, redness, and irritation. Instead of using a razor, try wax treatments. Waxing will eliminate all of the skin problems associated with shaving. Check out all of the incredible hair removal treatments we offer including treatments for the face, back, arms, chest, legs, and toes. You may also be interested in our bikini wax services, as well as our renowned Brazilian Bikini Wax process.
- Talking about bathing suits and shorts may make you think about the dimply image of skin blighted by cellulite. Our beauty spa’s Anti-Cellulite treatment will have your body looking slimmer and smoother with just a few treatments. You’ll get a massage that improves circulation and ultimately eliminates fluids between the fat cells. A wrap in which your body will sweat out additional excess fluids between fat tissues follows the massage.
Just follow these skin care tips for healthy and attractive skin, and you’ll love the way you look…and all you men out there…these tips are not just for women! Our male clientele love our Manhattan spa and you will too.
Contact us now to schedule an appointment. When you arrive, you will consult with one of our professional estheticians who will advise you on the very best treatments for your particular skin and body type.
Dyanna Body & Nail Salon Spa
40 East 21st Street Manhattan, NY
Keep up with Dyanna Spa NYC news, specials, and promotions.